Thursday, July 1, 2010

So Long Salt Lake: Thursday

We visited our friends Fletcher, Sabrina, Brayden and Maisie (not pictured) for some more water fun in the morning. Their mom/aunt (Brayden) was one of a group of roommates who have been great about staying in touch. I am really going to miss these girls too. In the past year-ish we have all had or are having a baby. We had a huge group baby shower in May.
On the way home we had a not-so-fun glitch. Our car broke down. In the center lane of the freeway off ramp. In close to 100 degree heat. With two windows that are broken and don't wind down. Did I mention that I am 34 weeks pregnant and had my 3 and 4 1/2 year old with me? Other than these factors it was perfect for a break-down. #1 We had been running early so I was still able to make it to my Doctor's appt. #2 the tow truck showed up within minutes (I'm guessing because we broke down in a dangerous location). #3 We broke down within a few blocks of the auto shop we go to. #4 It happened an hour before my mother-in-law had to be to work = she was able to come pick us up from the shop. #5 It happened in time to get it fixed so that we will still be able to leave as scheduled on Monday #6 It was minor despite the scary smoke pouring from the hood and we will be able to pick it up in the morning. I'm sure I'm missing more of those little miracles that come along with a disaster but I am very grateful for our "lucky" break down.
I had my last Dr.'s appointment in Salt Lake @ 1:45. My friend Amy offered to watch the girls which I am so grateful for since it was one of those hour in the waiting room visits. I had been hoping to have longer to chat with her after but I'm still glad for the time we had. The girls have loved playing with her son Aaron who is almost 2. Ginny and Aaron especially love to play dragons. They roar, chase and breath "fire" on each other. Aaron has a baby brother, Max, so it has helped them get ready for a baby brother in more ways than one. Amy got what I am sure were some cute shots of the kids hugging and pretending to be dragons. This was the best picture I could get of the three of them... not sure what I was thinking. They were very intent on eating their otter pops.

Abby has had swimming lessons for the past 3 weeks Mon.-Thurs. and today was her last lesson. A Young Woman in our ward was teaching with her friend and they were great! Abby is now swimming by herself, diving to the bottom for rings where it is over her head and diving/belly flopping off the diving board. I have been really impressed. It's also been a great transition to keep her from missing ballet too much.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing all of this. I really enjoy hearing all the stories and seeing the pictures. I am impressed with Abby's swimming abilities. That's pretty cool! Wish you guys were here with us at the lake.

    ReplyDelete

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background