Our ward had a breakfast for Independence Day Celebrating with a parade and bouncy castle. It was the perfect send-off (Yes, I believe they did it just for us, ha!)
Abby finished her last "chart" lesson today and we are both (Abby and I) relieved. She was told that she had to finish before we moved and we just made it! She is really excited to be reading regular books now instead of her lessons. I plan on having her read 15 minutes a day to keep up on/continue her skills.
It took us longer to get that last minute stuff out of the house than we had anticipated... we left around 3 pm. Simon was not loving the car. When we stopped to fill up before heading out he pooped and sprayed pee in the back window. Disinfectant, wipes, Febreeze, a stop at PetSmart for a carrier and 45 minutes later we were back on the road.
We had to pick Brian's car up from the Denver airport and we drove into Parker around midnight. We were moving things in from the car so I didn't get to sleep until close to 1am and poor Brian ran to the store for a litter box etc. so I don't know what time he went to sleep. He was long gone before I woke up this morning. NOW- to settling in....
This post may be the last one for a little while, Phew!!! If any of you stuck with us for the last week, Thank you, you are troopers. It had to be done... our "family journal" blog.
(Yeah, I wrote this the day after we got here- July 6th. I have just now felt up to downloading the pic's in order to actually post it. It's already "been a while").












Lol - yeah. I knew you'd already left, so it was funny to be reading this now. :D
ReplyDelete