My friends Candice, Jeanette and Kristen went out to lunch with me today (Kristen is also moving). I have had such a great group of friends in this neighborhood. The girls are really going to miss their little friends but I think mommy is going to miss her support group even more. They are exceptional... the same group of friends (and a few that couldn't make it to lunch) gave me a gift card for a pedicure this last month. The best kind of friends leave us better than they found us and this has certainly been true of this group, I will miss their influence in my life.
I took a picture of us at the restaurant but I (of course) had been sobbing buckets so I look very pregnant (which is enough to deter picture posting on it's own) and very red-nosed. Let's just say I'm keeping it for my personal files.
We went to a water park in Riverton last Thursday with our friends McCoy, Landon and Bailey. I couldn't leave it out of our leaving log even though it was last week... they were an important part of our goodbyes!
McCoy and Abby had a blast in the water. Abby is so much like I was... she makes friends with the boys better than the girls. Unfortunately she has the same problem I had much of the time which is if there is a cool older boy around he trumps Abby in importance. When we got home she told me "I love McCoy so much", she's been saying the same thing about her Dad lately too so I'm not too worried. But, ohhh, heartbreak already at the age of 4. McCoy was very gracious and played with her very well.
Ginny and Landon both preferred to stay out of the water. For Landon I think it's was more that he wanted to stay by his mom. Ginny, on the other hand, ventured out- got wet (NO! at a water park!!!). Ventured out again- got muddy. Other than running around the perimeter a few times she pretty much gave up and stayed by me. Bailey, being 4 mos. old, stayed with her mom too.












This made me cry. :'(
ReplyDelete