Monday, June 21, 2010

Itsy bitsy Ballerina


Abby was the smallest as well as the youngest girl in her ballet class. She was so cute in the ballet performance. I'm such a proud mama -give me my moment!!! Several strangers came up to us as we were coming/going from performances and told me she was their favorite little princess Leia (hopefully none of the other moms see this post or were given similar comments). Brian says it was because her facial expressions were hilarious. She did make great intent faces as she tried to get all of the moves just right.










She had her very last ballet class at the Dance Company last Thursday (unless we move back). She has loved ballet. We had a little discussion about finding a new class when we move to Parker. She was so upset about not being able to see her little friends and her teacher anymore that she started to cry. It was so cute. She wanted to take them with her. I asked her if she would rather stay here and see them at ballet once a week or go to Colorado to live with daddy. Luckily that was a no-brainer.

My sister helped us out taking pictures again and got a TON of cute pictures of her class so that she can remember them... we are also waiting impatiently for the video of her performance. I have been really happy with our decision to put Abby in ballet. It has been great for her self-esteem, some much needed structure/stamina and increasing her grasp of the importance of physical activity. Now we'll need to find a great place near our new home for her to go. I'm hoping to stick to JUST ballet. I feel a little more hopeful about the dance moves staying respectable and the outfits being less objectionable as she gets older. I was very impressed with the Dance Company in this area.

Any good, relatively inexpensive activity ideas for Ginny? She's hasn't shown a bit of interest in ballet, is not a water lover (Abby also takes swim lessons but Ginny balks when a few drips hit her face in the tub) and is still a bit young for soccer and piano. I hear gymnastics can get pretty pricey... any thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. Well, if you can find a place that is reasonably priced I think she would be a perfect fit for gymnastics. I wish I could have been to Abby's performance. :( I want to see the video when you get it and when we see you next. Really going to miss having you all so close. :( Don't want to think about it right now.

    ReplyDelete

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background