Wednesday, June 9, 2010

The Simple Things

While there is so much going on in my life... an imminent move to Colorado, being 7 mos. pregnant, being (basically) a single parent to two precocious little girls, an extended family experiencing major drama on a daily basis, etc. I am trying to simplify and enjoy those little things that make life wonderful. (Play "What a Wonderful World" courtesy Louis Armstrong in your mind while reading this post).

Having small children around helps me be "Young at Heart" ('nother great song) and take some time to return to childhood. I long for the days where my worries included the man lurking under my bed (aka my cat), my mom trying to dress me in hideous clothes, getting out of practicing the piano and having the tangles brushed out of my hair. Summertime has brought back those feelings of laying on warm cement in a wet swimsuit, drinking from the hose, getting watermelon sticky, spitting out seeds and washing it all off by jumping into a pool with more grass in it than water. With the weather being what it has been this year I was also reminded of how much of the year I spent in a jacket, shorts and shoeless or in galoshes. If I have to live with this kind of spring I might as well be in New Hampshire.

Last week Ginny fell asleep on the couch. I walked past and noticed a pink piece of paper that had been placed on her. I picked it up. Abby had seen Ginny sleeping and made her a little note. She came in to ask me how to spell "you" and I didn't think anything of it since she does that a lot. Cute, huh? The lines above and below the "i" and between the "t" and "h" in "the" are there because in her reading program that's how it's written.

Sisters. I am so glad that they get along so well. It makes my life easier. These little things make my heart melt. They were sleeping together at my parents the other night with their arms reaching to each other and Ginny's hand was holding Abby's face. I took a picture with my phone but don't have the fancy equipment to upload it.

Sending happy thoughts to everyone I love... may your lives be filled with those simple happy moments that make up what really matters!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background