Monday, April 26, 2010

Birds and Beesies

We went to visit Grandma Betty at Liberty Park on one of Brian's recent visits. It dawned on me that the girls and I have never been to Tracy Aviary. We decided to take advantage of our daddy- visit- adventure trend and went to see the birds! Ginny LOVED the peacocks. Brian was a little concerned as she chased them across the lawns. He was waiting anxiously, convinced that one of them would turn on her ("Who's the overprotective parent?" "No, you are."). She was giggling and shouting and yet came away unscathed (phew).

Abby got a running science lesson from her dad as they walked along. I never realized how much Brian knew about birds. Like my dad he tends to remember random information that no one REALLY needs to know unless they're going to be on Jeopardy. Abby's favorite were the flamingos. I learned something new about flamingos... they are not born pink, the color is due to their diet made up of, primarily, SHRIMP!













Ginny chose the batmobile (of course) and was very upset when ever one of the cars was left empty- I can only imagine that she felt sorry for the poor unused car! Cute.
The airplanes weren't much different with Abby in the pink and Ginny in the blue. (the airplanes did eventually move... I took some pictures in flight but the stationary ones turned out better, shocking!






After a healthful meal (specially prepared by Grandma) of burgers, chicken nuggets, a corn dog, fries and onion rings we topped it off with cotton candy. Hey, if you're gonna do it go all out- that's what summer time is for, right?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Ha! I already knew that about flamingos. For a minute there I knew something that you didn't. ;) Looks like you all had fun! :D So excited for summer - wish you guys were coming to the lake this summer.

    ReplyDelete

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background