Monday, April 12, 2010

Daddy's Girl(s)



While Ginny has always been a momma's girl Abby has never been partial to one parent over the other. That is until her daddy moved to Denver.
  • When Brian is gone Abby counts down the days until his next visit. She doesn't always remember the difference between days and weeks but she's thinking.
  • She makes lots of crafts for daddy. Mostly pictures. She draws pictures of herself and daddy (labeling them) and puts a heart between them. Every time we make something she sets hers aside to give to daddy.
  • We have a United States puzzle. Abby likes to ask me to get it down, puts it together once and then absconds with the state of Colorado. She'll carry it around all day and would sleep with it if I let her. I guess she feels like she's carrying around a little piece of daddy.
  • When Brian is here Abby becomes a growth on his leg. It's a great work out for the leg of choice as he tries to carry her around the house with him.
  • Last week we went to Denver with daddy for Spring Break. All week long Abby would look at me and say, "we're in Denver". I think she was in shock that we were actually there. When we are at home she tells me that she wants to live in Denver with daddy about 50 times a day ( I may be exaggerating a bit).
I try not to tell Brian too many of the things that she does since he gets pretty emotional = his manly pride takes a hit. I know he likes to know that he is missed but even though this is hard for Abby (and Ginny & I) it's the hardest on him. This is a great learning experience for our little family. We sure do love and appreciate our Dad/Husband!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background