When the girls woke up Ginny was IMMEDIATELY tugging at her hair trying to pull out the rags. I did hers first. Some of the ends didn't get curled properly so I overly separated her curls trying to hide it. She looked something like this at first. I showed her what she looked like in the mirror and she started to cry and said "comb it". Little did she know that would only make it worse. I really don't blame her... if I had woken up to that I would have cried too. I put some smoother in it and the curls calmed down a bit. By the afternoon she was looking adorable. Lesson learned: #1 don't roll the rags all the way to their head if their hair isn't pretty long #2 don't get lazy while wrapping/make sure the ends are wrapped correctly #3 don't overly separate the curls.
My little Shirley Temple!!!
you can see the little shreds of cloth from the cheap sheets.
Abby's curls, on the other hand, were gorgeous! She had perfect little ringlets, I debated whether or not to separate them at all. I ended up separating them a little. She was very happy with her hair. She was a little hesitant to go out in public at first. I told her we were going to the library and she said, "will everyone think I look silly?" By the end of the day she wanted to do it again. She is excited to curl her hair for church (one of these days).












Awww! Poor Ginny - I wouldn't have been happy either to wake up with huge hair. Abby's hair turned out AWESOME! I love this last picture of them two of them. :) So much fun!
ReplyDeleteOh, Sarah, I just laughed out loud when I saw Ginny's face. Priceless. But the curls are very cute...you should do it for church sometime.
ReplyDeleteI promise to do it at least once before we move.
ReplyDelete