Saturday, April 10, 2010

chocolate rant

Why, oh why do some people use milk chocolate chips in their chocolate chip cookies?
#1 There is nothing special about milk chocolate- there's no punch, no zing, no ka-pow. The flavors of milk chocolate and the abundant sugars in the dough are too similar. I almost can't tell there are chips in them. This, I can only suppose, is why people use extra large chips when committing this cookie crime.
#2 I have NEVER liked milk chocolate unless we're talking peanut M&M's or an occasional snickers. Dark chocolate on the other hand, mmmm (not that I eat much candy, if someone else buys it... sure. If I feel the need to be unhealthy I'm much more likely to find something salty, bake some bread or reach for a Dr. Pepper).
#3 As previously stated I have yet to try a milk chocolate chip cookie that does not use very large chips. Stephanie, my marvelous marvelous brilliant friend, introduced me to the mini chips and I will never go back. The semi-sweet chocolatey flavor is evenly dispersed through out the cookie instead of getting huge spaces with no chocolate or too much chocolate in one bite... since I don't even like milk chocolate why would I want to take a huge bite of milk chocolate sugary sweetness?
Did any of this stop me from eating the giant cookie that my husband brought home from the to remain anonymous local restaurant? Nope. Such is life.

2 comments:

  1. Okay, now you know that I like milk chocolate, but I have to say that I COMPLETELY agree with you on the chocolate chip cookies!!! NO milk chocolate in cookies please! It makes them WAY too sweet - like eating sugar (I mean - yeah, you ARE eating sugar, but... you know!). You are right - just NOT the right flavor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, too! I only make CCC with semi sweet and am disappointed when I bite into an otherwise delicious CCC someone else made with milk chocolate. Steve grew up on milk chocolate so it took some convincing on my part to get him to see the merit of semi sweet. But he's converted.

    ReplyDelete

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background