
Anyone who has known me long enough is well aware of my hair, shall we say "disabilities" (yes, plural). This was a real worry for me when I kept giving birth to daughters. I DID take care of 7 girls while I was in college, standing in for their mom who was a flight attendant. Unfortunately doing the hair of 7 little girls didn't make much of a dent in my ability to do it well- just my ability to improvise. I'd still like to figure out braids,
ANY braids. Coming Soon (maybe).


I figured if I could find a good way to curl my girls hair that at least it would
look like I knew what I was doing. They both have really fine hair just like their momma. I started looking for ways to curl their hair with rags... let it work while they slept! Thought I would try this before I went out and bought some of those soft curlers. I found this video on You tube helpful...
How to curl your hair with rags. Also found one that I liked on
curling your hair with paper bags, I used her method of wrapping the hair but figured the girls would not like sleeping with bags in their hair. I got some sheets on sale for $7 (Bought a deep red w/out thinking and then thought, "is this going to dye their hair???" Hmmm, I wonder- tie dyed hair! To be safe I washed them in hot water & vinegar first). She said to do 3x8 strips but some of mine ended up more like 2x8 and the skinnier ones were easier. I figured if it didn't work I still had plenty of sheet left.

I gave the girls a bath before bedtime to make sure their hair was nice and damp. The video said to use leave in conditioner which I could not find ANYWHERE. I used a detangler that we already had in the house.
I was VERY impressed with how still Abby was for the tying process. Ginny was okay until the very last one... she tended to turn her head anytime anyone spoke.
They went right to sleep when I was finished. Sleeping pictures and results show to follow....
I can't wait to see the results. :)
ReplyDelete