Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Pile O' Fun



Any of you "face book" friends may have heard about this but... when Brian came to visit back in January the girls gave him a great surprise. We were busy chatting away upstairs with Betty. I kept nudging Brian intimating that the girls needed to be gotten to bed and the chat wound up afterward - but you all know Brian, Mr. Chatty Kathy (sarcasm intended). So when we finally made it downstairs it was about an hour past bedtime. We were welcomed by this... (see above)

The picture doesn't do it justice. You should know that this pile was about 3 feet deep. It consisted of every stitch of clothing that Abby and Ginny own. I became outraged as I opened their recently organized drawers one by one to find them completely emptied. When I found the large bag of clothing that had been set aside for the D.I. (part of the organization) equally as devoid of clothing I became outraged. About 2 hours of work had gone out the window here!

Also in the pile: Several pieces of my own clothing, every towel we own, every piece of dress up clothing, every stitch of doll clothing and several toys that I believe were Ginny's contribution. When asked why they thought this was a good idea Abby stated that they wanted to build a pile to jump into (thus my reasoning that Ginny had added the HARD, PLASTIC, POINTY toys).

This lovely gift welcoming daddy home only took us a little over an hour to clean up with the help of both girls. Though, Ginny being up 2 hours past bedtime at this point, was barely managing to walk a straight line. I can laugh about it now. I included a picture of the little darlings in this post to remind us how innocent they can look. Please note the slight crazed look Ginny has at the turn of her mouth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background