Monday, February 22, 2010

The Scoop

Okay- so most of you who read this (my family) already know the story... but for the sake of some random soul who may be interested and has not yet been informed: In November I lost my job. Brian had not been working since last April. Needless to say December was a bit of a stressful month for us. Brian and I were both strangely calm through it all, somehow knowing that everything would turn out all right (either that or we were in a bubble of denial to shield ourselves from reality).
Brian was able to be rehired at his old job which means a move to Denver (the reason for his lay off was the closing of the Salt Lake office and our lack of enthusiasm, at the time, towards a move to Denver). Brian started work the first week of January and has been camping out on my brother Michael's living room floor. He comes home to visit about every other weekend and we took one trip to see him. It was really hard at first but the girls and I have found that the busier we are the faster the time flies. The only day of the week that we have no obligations is Saturday.
I also found out the week after losing my job that we are pregnant. We are very excited about this but were a little nervous about the lack of insurance which kicks in next month (hooray!) I am due August 7th (according to ultrasound) or 11th (according to the usual calculations). Updates imminent ( I know it's me, but really, they are). Which makes me right around 16 weeks. I have already transitioned to maternity clothes, ahhh comfort. With each pregnancy they make an earlier appearance.
Our house has been up for sale since the end of July. When it sells the girls and I will stick a sign on our backs, "Denver or Bust". Considering the snails pace of real estate along with my due date I'm hoping it's not "bust".

1 comment:

  1. I'd heard part of this story, but when you recounted it to me you omitted the PREGNANCY PART! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background