The girls and I went to the puppet festival at the Salt Lake City Main Library yesterday and we LOVED it. We drove past the Main Library after leaving grandma and grandpa's today and Abby asked if we could go to the puppet show again. I wish we could!
We got there at 11 am and stayed until 2 pm. I kept asking the girls if they were getting tired but they wanted to see more puppet shows. I was really sad that I didn't take my camera because some of the puppets were amazing. Especially the puppets in Freddie Spencer's show. If you are interested in seeing what they looked like or learning more about him go to www.spencermarionettes.com
We saw 4 different puppet shows but his was by far the best. He had a clown puppet that actually blew up a balloon and then popped it (the highlight of the day for Abby). We ended the day with a modernized Punch and Judy show which had the girls laughing like crazy. All of the shows were very well done. Libraries sure are great for these free activities.
The girls brought home supplies to make their own puppets with paper bags. They didn't quite compare in quality to the ones in the shows but the girls enjoyed them- and we added them to the many other paper bag puppets they have made at the Anderson Library.












I love the picture! Ginny looks so happy. :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, I was going to say something about that and forgot... she wanted the bunny. She happily chose the duck at the library but once they were colored I think she realized Abby's superior coloring job and wanted to exchange. Give her a few years and she'll be a coloring pro- I doubt that will keep the tears completely at bay, but what can you do?
ReplyDeleteGinny was sitting here with me and said "Why am I crying?" I said I don't know why? "Cause I couldn't color my ducky at the big ears library." That's unedited Ginny speak.
ReplyDeleteBig ears??? I have NEVER used the term "big @$$" so I'm fairly certain it wasn't a corruption of that phrase.
ReplyDeleteHA HA HA HA HA, she's awesome.