Ginny was so excited by the dinosaurs. We were looking at diagrams of the earth and its core when she spotted the dino's and she was off. Brian did a lot of reading and I spent most of the trip chasing Ginny around. Here is Abby pretending to be afraid of the Mammoth.
Learning all about erosion, etc? Not really. Just learning that getting messy is FUN!!!
On the way out we grabbed some tiny dinosaurs to grow in water at home as well as a cute little frog. I'm sure they both had Bart Simpson delusions about the dino's growing to life size and terrorizing the neighborhood- I know I did. Three weeks later- we grew 2 of the dinosaurs and had some fun tub toys until they became gross and mommy tossed them out when no one was looking. The frog has just reached it optimum size and is very cool. I took some pictures but unfortunately forgot to download before posting. We'll most likely grow the remaining 2 dinosaurs in a couple of months (when it becomes exciting again).












It is Emery County and the print was found in a mine that many members of my family have worked in over several generations.
ReplyDelete