Saturday, December 25, 2010

Nativity

Every year my mom pulls out the nativity costumes and dresses up the grandkids. Some are more happy about it than others. This years big protester was Ollie. In case you can't tell here's the casting: baby Jesus- Tag, Mary- Emma, Joseph- Gabe, Three wise men- Damien, Chandler and Abby, Shepherds- Tailynn and Lex, Camel- Carson, Donkey- Ollie, Angel- Ginny.
Ginny was really excited about being the angel until I fashioned this headdress for her. I figured it's not a real nativity scene without a star- oh well.
Abby loved being a wise man at the time. Now that we are looking at the pictures as I write this post she is requesting to be Mary next year.
The big joke was that I need to hurry up and have another baby so that we'll have a baby Jesus for next year. Not gonna happen. Jesus was around two when the wise men finally showed up, right? I figure he's good to play Jesus for at least 2 more years.
This is my random photo of the post. It was just too cute, I had to stick it in somewhere. Tag has recently discovered how fun it is to chew on his bottom lip. He also really likes to blow bubbles now.
Driving to Utah was an interesting endeavor this year. We got trapped in Wyoming. Michael was about 1 1/2 hours ahead of us and he made it through. It was drizzling rain and we saw that I-80 was closed 35 miles ahead. Brian got a little upset toward the state of Wyoming. He began a rant about how they close the roads for no reason (a month before Michael had the same experience because of the legendary storm of 2010 that never happened- Salt Lake Valley dwellers know what I'm talking about). Brian was eating his words once we turned around. We barely made it back to Little America- couldn't even see the sides of the road it was snowing so hard. On a happy note the girls loved staying at Little America because their bed was "jumpy". They wanted to call Grandma Betty to come meet us in Wyoming so that they could practice being little monkeys a little longer. It actually was nice to have a night with just our little family. A blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background