Simon's litter box and food have been in the laundry room for the past few months. Over New Year's weekend Brian installed a cat door and the box and food were moved to the garage. He has been protesting ever since. He has figured out how to go through the door, but he doesn't like it.
Earlier today I started to take Michael's things out of the dryer. I got distracted. This evening I was able to get back to it. As I was folding the first shirt I noticed a slightly unpleasant smell. Something akin to cat pee. I smelled the shirt. It was faint. I thought, "hmm, probably nothing, my crazy sense of smell... new laundry detergent... my imagination." Nope. As I grabbed for another item of clothing I saw it. Several cat turds. Yep. Simon, climbed into the dryer today and used it as a litter box. I also pulled out a pair of Mike's sweats and they were saturated in pee.
Brian helped me clean up. He asked if we should tell Michael. I said no, but after this post I'm thinking someone will tell him. So long for now, I'm off to the store to buy more disinfecting supplies and some dryer sheets (hoping that, paired with a towel, they'll soak up some of the vestigial smell, it's been Lysol sprayed and Clorox wiped twice and that hasn't done it).
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












That is no fun! My parents cat will pee on anything, so whenever we visit we have to keep our suit case behind a closed door, but a few times we've forgotten and had to do a load of laundry at my parents house:(
ReplyDelete