Abby wrote a letter to Santa this year. All on her own. I wish I had gotten a picture of her list. She asked for a Baby Sleeping Beauty (she got Belle last year who needed a friend), a yellow horse (for her Polly Pocket sized Belle), and a Strawberry shortcake with a scooter (also polly pocket sized). When she was finished writing out her list she drew a picture for Santa (herself giving him a bouquet, a word she has learned from Fancy Nancy). Then she informed me that I needed to get her an envelope and a stamp. She started to draw Santa instead of writing his name as you can see (unfinished it looks a little like a VW bug). And when she was all done we took it to the post office with the last of our Christmas cards.

I am so happy that my kids don't ask for big expensive toys yet. I really like an idea to simplify Christmas that was posted by
a friend from my old ward to only buy four gifts for each child:
1- something you can read
2- something you can create with
3- something you can wear
4- something you can play with
I may be implementing this next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment