
Okay, I first began this post almost a month ago.
Began translates to
Titling it and then not having the energy to write anything. I've come to the blog a few times, read some friends blogs but still lacked any kind of motivation toward writing. Well, guess what? I still don't feel like blogging so if this post seems low energy that's why. But I still want to post about our anniversary and Halloween is this weekend so.... gotta get a move on motivated or not.

The kids were all very entertained by the butterflies. I completely spaced taking pictures of the caterpillars, cocoons or the butterflies as they began to emerge which was all VERY cool. Maybe if we do this again for Ginny's b-day (at least then we won't have to try to reassure anyone, aka lie, about how even though it's already cold out we think the butterflies can make it south quickly enough to survive).

Once the butterflies had emerged we had to feed them. We could either A: buy flowers, mix up a sugar solution and place the sugar on the flowers with a handy little dropper that was included in the kit OR B: slice up an orange that was already in my fridge. Hmmmm, that's tough. Oh yeah, and the napkin is on the floor of the garden because one of the cocoons came unattached (was violently knocked off by Brian, not on purpose) from the cocoon disc (for further explanation call me) and the instructions said if this happened to place them on a napkin etc. and they would likely still emerge- it did!

Abby in the backyard with a couple of butterflies who were just given their freedom (in case you can't see them there are two getting cozy on the bush before the flight)

Ginny holds one of the butterflies (right after I broke open the Halloween tote- which means dress-up time). Abby was absolutely terrified of holding the butterflies ( I accidentally wrote terrifried, which oddly makes a little sense. I guess it would make more sense if she were afraid of wearing sunblock or something. Actually, she is afraid of the spray on kind. Of being sprayed in the face/eye area. It doesn't really work unless you rub it around anyway which seems like it defeats the purpose of using a spray-on versus the lotion variety... wait a minute, I was talking about butterflies, right???) Abby asked how it felt to hold the butterfly and I tried to tell her it felt like nothing. It's a butterfly! It's virtually weightless to us. She didn't buy it.
Sarah, I love the little sunblock tangent! You crack me up! Tag looked SO SO SO cute tonight at the trunk or treat! I even got to snuggle him for a few minutes while Brian (?) was cleaning up! See you tomorrow!
ReplyDelete