Preface: Simon lost his collar while prowling around the neighborhood. This was not a great tragedy since it had our old address on it. Brian and I have both been saying that we need to get a replacement. Procrastination rules at our house.
Ginny: I had Ramen Noodles for lunch today daddy! (a rarity)
Daddy: Hey! Now we know you can survive college since you love cold cereal, Ramen, and Mac & Cheese.
Ginny: Yeah, and Simon lost his college.
You know the really great water pitchers they give you at the hospital? I always try to make mine last forever, but alas my children get to them and chew on the straw etc. Ginny picked mine up and said, "mommy, I can sound like a bird, LOOK" and blew through the straw. Surprisingly it did sound exactly like the pigeons cooing on Mary Poppins. Must be the ribs in the thick plastic. Maybe that's how they made the pigeon sounds... or real pigeons, who knows?
Moments ago during bedtime prayers...
Me: Abby, what do we do during prayers?
Abby: close our eyes (etc.)
Brian: why aren't your eyes closed?
Abby: (in a pitiful voice) Because my dreams might turn on.
Wednesday, September 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)












Oh my gosh!!! That was so cute! :D btw - I remember blowing through those straws and loving the bird sound (when I was younger). Didn't you ever do that?
ReplyDelete