Favorite whimsical synonyms: capricious, changeable, erratic, excessively playful, fanciful, fantastical, fickle, freakish, mercurial, ticklish, unpredictable.
I want to start recording some of the
ticklish things that my kids and/or their cousins say or do through out the week as well any odd little thing that amuses me. Okay, so really this is open to just about anything... Life is so
unpredictable, so
changeable, why pigeon-hole myself?
I tend to over use the word "random" and I find the word "whimsical" so endearing and there is that convenient alliteration with "Wednesday" so
voila I have a marginally creative post title. Which, sadly, makes my day. Look for future whimsical posts... they may often be more random than whimsical but I'm all about looks (sounds?),
ahem. (I genuinely hope that's not true).

Abby and Emma were playing a fun game at dinner. "Do you know how to spell (fill in the blank)?" With simple words such as "cat" and "the". Then Emma got a little brave and asked Abby if she could spell "sour cream". Abby, as Emma had anticipated, was completely stumped for the first time all evening. Emma, with a rather superior smugness (again with the alliteration, ugh), informed Abby that she COULD spell sour cream, "D-A-I-S-Y". The sour cream container just happened to be sitting right in front of Emma. Brian and I split our sides for a moment and then agreed this would make an excellent commercial- not that I have anything against their little jingle, "Do, do, do, do- Do a dollop of daisy!".

Ginny came to me saying "their is something in my nose!" I told her there wasn't ( ahhh, motherish skepticism) since nothing apparent was sticking out of her nose. She would not drop the issue so I took a closer look. Their was a lovely orange bead shoved pretty far up there. Luckily it came out with some tweezers. What is it with kids and sticking things in orifices? NOTE TO SELF: remind Tailynn and Emma that they need to empty their pockets of large amounts of beads and/or bracelets, necklaces, etc. that are likely to come apart before putting their clothes in the wash. Also, when aforementioned large amounts of beads are flung about as each item of clothing emerges from the dryer pick them up
IMMEDIATELY.
I got a really good laugh out of this!!! :D I think you should submit your commercial idea to them!!! I think it's GREAT! :D I can just see Ginny going around shoving beads up her nose. Miss you guys! So glad we get to see you in just a little over a week! Are you ready for the madness!?
ReplyDeleteSarah, you crack me up! I love all your big words...and alliterations.
ReplyDelete