Friday, May 14, 2010

And this one went WEE WEE WEE all the way home!!!


Today, after months of suggestion Ginny FINALLY "went" on the big girl potty... still crossing our fingers for #2. Now that swim-suit wearing is upon us (if the weather cooperates) I felt I needed to really start pushing it. Ginny sat on her little potty while she ate lunch (sounds sanitary, I know, you parents didn't give it a second thought did you?). I was hoping it wouldn't take long- two hours later she really wanted to get off the potty.
I repeatedly told her she had to tinkle first. Feeling that this was verging on child-abuse (even though she was entertained with coloring, playing clapping games with mommy, etc. the WHOLE time) I went and got her a glass of punch NOT in a sippy cup hoping it would go down faster. She got about half-way through the punch and started whining, acting uncomfortable and saying that she was "stanky". I could tell she really needed to go but was set on holding back the flood gates. I filled a glass with warm water and put her hand in... she whimpered but no dice. I dried off that hand and tried the other. Either that worked or she couldn't hold out any more, probably a little bit of both. She acted a little surprised/scared at first but got excited when she realized that Abby and I were dancing and cheering. She gave each of us high fives and then we gave daddy a call.

If you were wondering about the photo... in an attempt to get Ginny excited for potty training I bought her "McQueen" panties. Yes, we call them panties even though they are little boys underwear. Ginny got mad at me when I suggested she wear some of Abby's old panties. They are much to pretty and Much to pink. I will say, in her defense, that while she plays with dinosaurs, trains, cars & likes to talk in a low low voice she DOES like to dress up and particularly likes dresses that flair out when she spins.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You went to a lot of trouble to get that girl to go potty! Lol - that was a fun visual. As for eating on the potty - "sanitary" and "kids" don't usually go in the same sentence - at least with boys. Ick! I love the picture, and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think this is child abuse. You gotta do what you gotta do. Right? I love the picture with the underwear. SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! The road to independence and free choice is "so much fun". :)

    ReplyDelete

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background