Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Ghostbusters SLC

My little bro Jonathan and his friends put together a Ghostbusters fan film. They spent a lot of time on it. I have to admit being pretty impressed by the special effects. On May 2nd we (mom, dad, Liz, her boys, Betty, my girls) went to see the premiere in Provo. You should all consider yourselves lucky because we waited 2 hours to watch it while two of his friends got their stuff together. I felt a little bad for the guys at the theater who tried to keep the crowd from revolting.
Anyway if you would like to check it out here it is Ghostbusters SLC.
Tips:
1. The film is about a half hour long and takes a while to download (I paused it and waited for it to load to 20% and still caught up to it- maybe try waiting to 30%) so be prepared to spend some time.... I think it's worth it, but it's MY brother.

2. There is no language (unless you are British) but it DOES open with the song "Highway to Hell" playing. If you don't want your kids to hear that wait until after bedtime. Also, be prepared to see my brother in boxer shorts. He is an RM so it's not his usual fare. My girls have seen it. Abby says that she calls the poltergeist "that goose thing" because it is white and because it is a duck and a ghost. I am so glad she cleared that up for me... wonder if Jonathan knows.

3. If you don't know my brother he is playing the character "Garin Sketch" and it says "SKETCH" in large letters on his uniform. He's the funny one, in my humble opinion.

4. If you look closely at the books that are used you will notice that they are old gynecology books. They were able to get a bunch of them free and they all swear that they didn't open them, hee hee. They were destroyed during filming, but thankfully no animals were harmed.

5. There is a bonus after the credits if you feel up to waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background