Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Blogging Hiatus: May

Here is what I neglected to post in May... we went to Mount Rushmore!!! We loved South Dakota. It is gorgeous. It was a little chilly but we loved our hoodies. Luckily every time it snowed it wasn't too long before the sun came out.
We also visited two caves: Jewel Cave and Wind Cave. Jewel Cave is the longest cave in the world at 144 miles and counting. They discover more and more of the cave each year. Wind Cave was originally discovered by blasts of air that would shoot out of the ground. We witnessed the escaping air ourselves before going below and it was pretty impressive.
Tag wore this cute little Tigger outfit for most of the weekend. It kept him warm and sleepy.
It was late afternoon when we first visited Mount Rushmore. You can't tell by the pictures but there was quite a bite in the air.
The girls climbed into this crevice and posed for MANY pictures. Girls will be girls!!!
There is a really nice boardwalk that takes you in a loop under the monument. You can see the cold in Damien's face here. Funny how the biggest kid was the most affected by the cold.
The boardwalk path was not built for strollers. If I had known I would have worn him for this walk as well. Brian and Michael definitely got their work-out for the day (I pitched in for this bonus fun as well). As you can see there were sections of the path that were stone steps.
On the way home we stopped by Devil's Tower.
It seemed like the kids liked this stop more than anywhere else on our trip (except the hotel swimming pool, of course). Both families turned into Mountain Goats climbing all over the boulders. Everyone was sad that we had not planned for more time here.
Even Tag.
Although my kids are still asking if we can go back (2 months later) we were all pretty tired when we got home. We slept...
and slept...
AND SLEPT!!!

1 comment:

  1. This looks like it was so much fun! I wish we could have gone with you. I hope that one day I can take the boys there - I know they would LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background