
Abby started Kindergarten today. She has been very excited about starting school. Yesterday we went to meet her teacher. Abby's teacher's name is Azalea Bell. Yes, I feel like she is starting kindergarten inside of a Kevin Henkes book. Abby wanted to take her teacher an apple (completely her idea) for her first day of school. What a cutie!
All of the kids met at the flag pole with their parents and then formed a line into the classroom for a short activity for the parents...

Mrs. Bell read the story
The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn. It's about a little raccoon who is afraid to start school and his mom sends him to school with a kiss on his hand that cannot be washed off and will stay with him all day. The book ends with the raccoon giving his mom's hand a kiss so that she will be okay without him while he is gone. One of the mom's started crying which began the domino effect. We were warned about this little activity by one of the mom's from the ward and were prepared for some tears (we wore our sunglasses). At the end of the story Mrs. Bell gave each of the kids heart stickers to put on their parents hands. Abby was very cute. She gave us the stickers and then as we were filing out of the room she ran back over to kiss each of our stickers. Mark off a Naylor family milestone.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletefunny thing - I cried just reading this entry. :D Love the pictures! :D
ReplyDeleteI love that book! I can't believe kindergarten starts already out there! We have another 3.5 weeks, but it's going fast already! I hope you are enjoying your time out there so far. I love your pictures, your girls are getting so big!
ReplyDelete