Monday, February 6, 2012

Welcome to a new day!!!

The real names of this post are "therapy" and "avoidance". It is only 8:30 and I'm ready to go back to bed and call this day a total loss. Please, if you are not a parent read no further. Also, if you have a susceptible gag reflex. If you don't like complaining read no further- I just need to get a few things out (therapy). With pregnancy I have been averaging 5 hours of sleep a night and that doesn't take into account the tossing and turning. I wake up every morning with a massive headache that goes away between 11-12. I've actually been grateful for this. For a while the headaches would return around 2 pm and last until bedtime or longer. In other words I'd have a headache for all but 2-3 hours of the day. Morning only headaches I can handle.

Moving on... I get through the time BEFORE school by sticking Tag in his chair swing (baby version of straight jacket) in front of the TV. This is the only way I am able to get the other kids out of the door. This morning Tag had diarrhea. BAD. As in, something was dripping from his chair swing onto the floor. Carson, curious kid that he is, smelled it to see if it was pee. It wasn't. Until I picked him up I thought his bottle had been upended in the bottom of his chair and was dripping everywhere. Nope. While I was changing Tag (clothes, diaper, cleaning out the chair, starting laundry, changing a second diarrhea diaper, somewhere in there) Carson threw up... on the carpet... do you blame him? I was dry heaving a little. Through all of this Ginny was bugging me for cereal. I kept asking her to wait until I could get the messes cleaned up and the kids to school. Did she wait? No. The result was that my kitchen looked like someone dive-bombed it with a gallon of milk.

I was inspired yesterday by a lovely RS lesson to be more organized and especially more calm. I woke up this morning and said a prayer asking for help to be able to separate the important things from the unimportant... in other words to do with my day what my Father in Heaven would have me do instead of my priority list. At the end of this I asked for help in being patient with the kids and not losing it. With the headaches and lack of sleep this is something I've been struggling with in the mornings. I remember hearing that you should never pray for patience... but I'll probably do it again tomorrow.

Enough avoidance. I'm off to do some more laundry, cleaning, sanitizing, mopping etc. You know, what Heavenly Father had planned out for my day. It's hard to feel the spirit in a home that smells like poop and puke. I'm just waiting for the R.S. Presidency to decide this would be the perfect moment to stop by for a visit... I have to say that even though my morning was less than ideal I have so much to be grateful for. Tag's bum is so sore that he can't sit down. This diarrhea is toxic. But he is so smiley and happy in spite of his pain. So, among other things, I'm glad for happy kids and I'm glad it's not my bum! (Okay I had said enough avoidance, right? Liar.)

3 comments:

  1. Wow! You have had a REALLY rough day today! :( One of those days when I wish I could come over and help out with the laundry and give you a break. Hang in there. Hopefully you have a relaxing day coming you way - you sure could use one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You poor girl! Hang in there! We got to see your parents in our ward a few weeks ago. They are so sweet. You are a brave woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! I just read this post, and I feel for you. I've been having a hard time being patient with my kids lately too...and I'm not even pregnant. That makes everything at least 10 times harder!

    ReplyDelete

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background