Thursday, March 17, 2011

No pinches here!!!

I started trying to get a good shot of Tag wearing the "green monster" for his bit-o-green and of course the girls had to join in. No really good shots but tons of silly ones!
Best shot of Tag with his "monster" gear. (Wally is borrowed from Ginny) Don't know if you can tell but his eyes seem to be turning green just in time for the holiday!
We had green eggs and ham, green butter on toast and green milk. Emma wins for the most green dye on her lips (she won by licking the butter off her toast). We read "Green Eggs and Ham" over breakfast which is the only reason Ginny gave the green food a try. Green toast was too much for her, though.

The kids woke up to golden nuggets on the ground (Werthers courtesy Grandma Sherrie), bags of golden coins and Paddy's Day tattoos and notebooks, and $5 (courtesy Grandma Betty) and they each got a pair of socks that fit Damien and were big on everyone else (courtesy Grandma Sherrie). I told the kids that Leprechauns must think that all of our big feet are the same size... they just think of us as big not as being different sizes! They all wore their socks to school fearing the wrath of the leprechauns if they didn't. They didn't want to chance not getting anything next year!
This is the leprechaun trap that Abby built last night. She kept asking me to come look at it. I was thinking it was something they made at school. Nope, she came up with it all on her own. Note the glass of water and the raisins in a bowl to tempt the leprechaun.
This morning she ran to look inside and shouted "Mom, Mom! He broke the door!" That crafty leprechaun got away. We'll have to build a sturdier trap next year if we want to get that pot of gold. Speaking of: We watched "Darby O'Gill and the Little People" last night and Ginny has been asking to watch the green lady all day. Kids are made of stronger stuff than when I was little!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE it - ALL of it! I think funny pictures are more fun anyway. I LOVE The leprechaun trap! We got the same socks that were too big on everyone. ;) Fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ginny's funny faces! Lots of festivities! I just told the three little girls about the leprechaun traps we made with A.J. and Madison when they were in kindergarten in CA. So fun!

    ReplyDelete

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background