We hope that all of you had a marvelous 2012. We have had a roller coaster ride of a year. There have been moments of building anticipation, moments of plummeting stomachs (good and bad), moments that made us giggle with delight, tooth rattling moments (mainly due to Tag, Thank you!), and now that we are nearing the end of the year a little sadness that it's ending and a little relief as well.
We didn't do as much traveling or camping this year. This was mainly due to our new addition, Finn. We will gladly take him in exchange and plan to catch up on some adventuring in 2013. Highlights from our year include:
- A visit to the Denver Aquarium
- Visits to the Denver Natural History Museum and the NEW Natural History Museum in Salt Lake.
- on May 19th Finn was born.
-Abby's 3rd annual dance performance in June.
-A trip to New Hampshire in July for two weeks of Rudy family fun.
-Marched in the Wolfeboro 4th of July parade for Romney. Abby got to shake Mitt's hand, Abby and Ginny rode in the Romney family trolley and Tag met the inspiration for his name, Tagg Romney.
-Visited Utah family and friends in April, August and October.
-Ginny started kindergarten.
-Thanksgiving in Las Vegas with the Naylor side of the family.
- A fun-filled day at Disneyland with Brian's sister Staci and her family.
Our Favorite Things for the year 2012.
I'm going to steal an idea from a friend of mine and list some favorites for each family member. I think it will be a great way for us to look back and remember what we were like in 2012 and for some of you to learn more about us than you ever wanted to know.
Favorite Saying...
Brian: "Right Now???" or "It's so hot in here!"
Sarah: "Yes You Can! When we are in our own house."
Abby: "Kneel, like diamond" (leading into family prayer)
Ginny: "I can't find my pink blankie, it's gone forever!" (blanket is usually behind her)
Tag: "Why?", "What?" or "Cookie"
Finn: "Pbbbthh"
Favorite Book...
Brian: The Blind Side by Michael Lewis
Sarah: The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton
Abby: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Ginny: Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie
Tag: Little Blue Truck by Alice Schertle
Finn: Plush, chewable animal book
Favorite Movie...
Brian: Marvel's The Avengers
Sarah: is looking forward to seeing Lincoln, Les Miserables and The Hobbit
Abby: Brave and Wreck it Ralph
Ginny: The Dora and Diego 4D movie that we "rode" at the aquarium.
Tag: Toy Story 2
Finn: The live movie my sisters and brothers provide on a regular basis, I find it hilarious.
Favorite Song...
Brian: Evans Blue/Parabelle (fave new artist)
Sarah: "You See The Light In Me" Greg Laswell and Ingrid Michaelson (unrecorded) and the original works that Ginny regularly comes up with.
Abby: "Love Story" by Taylor Swift and "Firework" by Katy Perry
Ginny: The Gummy Bear Song
Tag: "Dynamite" Taio Cruz (he has a monkey that sings it and dances, Tag dances along)
Finn: "Teddy Bear Picnic". I may just love chewing on musical pooh bear as the music winds down.
Favorite YouTube video...
Brian: Four Old Ladies (3:27)
Sarah: Dumb Ways to Die (3:02) Thanks Liz!
Abby: The Sneezing Baby Panda (0:17)
She also loves kid history but couldn't choose one and they are long.
Ginny: Kill the Wabbit (0:24)
Tag: Monsters Inc Bloopers Sped Up (2:47)
Finn: Emerson- Mommy's Nose is Scary! (0:59) Not that he has watched this but he thinks bodily noises (sneezing, hiccuping, etc.) are HILARIOUS. So we're guessing he would like this.
Favorite Past Time...
Brian: Playing with the kids (Brian makes a great Zombie, Monster and mini trampoline).
Sarah: Finding furniture to slather in chalk paint and searching pinterest.com
Abby: Playing computer games and sports that involve a lot of running.
Ginny: Drawing etc. and playing with Finn.
Tag: Jumping, climbing, making noise, creating general mayhem.
Finn: Bounding in my jumper, scooting on my back and blowing raspberries.
Favorite Ride at Disneyland...
Brian: Space Mountain
Sarah: Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean
Abby: Splash Mountain and Roger Rabbit
Ginny: Splash Mountain and Pirates of the Caribbean
Tag: It's a Small World and the Buzz Light Year Ride
Finn: Peter Pan (our best guess)
Merry Christmas!
We hope that all of you are happy and healthy and we're sending you wishes for an even better year to come!
Love, The Naylor Family
Brian (??), Sarah (??), Abbigayle (7, 2nd grade), Virginia (5, Kindergarten), Taggart (2), Finnegan (7 mos.)

















I love this post! Can;t believe your kids are getting so big and now you have 4 geesh!!! When are you moving to Utah? haha! So I am totally stealing this idea from you! I love everything about it hope you don't mind:-)
ReplyDeleteI LOVE THIS POST!! I love all the details about your family that I don't get to hear about, even though I see them every week! I am blessed to have you as my friend! Have a great one! ~Laura
ReplyDeleteLove it! :) I miss you guys. Glad we get to see you all soon. I cannot wait!
ReplyDelete