Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 in Facebook Status Updates

January
-10 minute power nap (unscheduled). Ahhhhh, that's better.
-Snow Day! Happy kids.... not sure about myself yet.
-I can't believe it's been 25 years since the Space shuttle Challenger disaster. I remember watching it in my classroom. They made a really big deal about it since Christa McAuliffe was from our state (New Hampshire). I think I still have my laminated book mark saying "Reach for the Stars".
-No school tomorrow! The kids are really excited. We'll be staying inside. The forecast is a high of Neg. 2 and a low of Neg. 15.
February
- Thank you for the birthday wishes everyone! I DID have fun plans- dinner and a movie with Brian. We haven't been out alone in months. It was wonderful. Thanks for watching the kids, mom!
March
-Damien: Today was really scary.
Me: Why?
Damien: All the girls were wearing Justin Beiber (sp?) shirts because it's his birthday.
-Preferred way of eating apples today: whole with a tunnel cut through the center so that there are no "spiders" or seeds, courtesy Ginny.
-Me: Abby, When are you going to learn to be patient?
Abby: When I'm a mom and I have a baby and then when it comes out I won't be a patient anymore.
April
-Abby posted a sign on her door, "Zoo Open Today, $5".
-Me to the girls: Who wants ladybugs and who wants ducks?
Abby: Ladybugs
Ginny: Ducks... and ladybugs.
Me: You can have one or the other.
Ginny: OTHER!!!
-Tag's first tooth made an appearance today!
-Tag has had a big week this week: first tooth, first time scaling the stairs, first time saying "dada" (he's been saying "mama" for months), first time REAL crawling not spider or army crawling, and FIRST black eye. Yep, he pulled a chair on top of himself.
-Three dozen hard boiled eggs. Deviled. Egg salad sandwiched. Gone in less than 12 hours.
May
-"How do you afford your rock'n roll lifestyle?"
-Me: Ginny, what were you eating that turned your lips purple?
Ginny: I was pretending.
Me: You were pretending something that turned your lips purple?
Ginny: I was pretending the crayons were make-up.
-latest Ginnyism: don't step on that, it's hot lama.
-my 4 year-old informed me this morning that her hair was not "fabulous".
June
-Me: Do you like yogurt?
Brian: Not unless it's chocolate or butterscotch.
Me: That's pudding.
Brian: Oh, yeah.
August
-Just found my cat playing with a bird that he caught, killed and brought into my living room. Ugh. Did I mention that he has been de-clawed? He has some mad skills.
-My sons new fave thing to do at church: rip pages out of hymnals.... great.
-"There are kidneys failing as we speak." -Captain Awesome.
-Taking a shower after camping is the best feeling EVER! (much better than waking up to my 4 y/o having peed in her sleeping bag and having her hike 3 mi. going commando.
September
-How out of it am I today? While attempting to put my baby down for a nap I stood over the tub for at least 15 seconds feeling really confused before I re-routed to the crib. Yeah.
-figured out what the big difference between girls and boys is. Headbutting.
-Book Club Friends: (everyone else can ignore this update) Watching the Utah/USC game and Louis Zamperini came on- it was so astonishing after discussing him last night. He looks exactly the same as that 1998 Nagano video. At least if we lose it will make an old man happy, ha ha. That's what I'll tell myself anyway.
- I was going to leave out all mass updates but thought I should make mention that I posted a call for update silence for the morning of 9/11. Ten years.
- I love my daughter's new and improved lyrics. "It wasn't really so, but it seemed to be, popcorn jumped off the old cow." Ingenuity makes up for what it lacks in metre, in my opinion.
-Abby came home from school today and informed me that now she wants to be a geologist when she grows up (before she wanted to be a Girl Scout Leader. I think for the cookie benefits?!?!?) Her grandpa will be so proud.
- Current least favorite thing: cleaning PB off of silverware.
-So, I see all of the Halloween stuff has been out in the stores and honestly, who buys candy this early? They must have much stronger will power than I do because candy would so not last until Halloween. Unless I bought stuff that I don't like and why, why would I do that?
-Ahhh, football, salsa and chips... 16 little girls have gone home. Birthday party over. It feels so good. Let's complete this day... GO UTES!!!
-"I've got to admit it's getting better, a little better all the time." 'Course that depends a lot on which side of the fence you're sitting on.
- This is embarrassing. I'm going to have to refrain from mentioning my Ute fan status for at least a month if I want to keep any friends here in Colorado.
-Game over. Competition stomped on. Good Night.
- A very long and boring update concerning my dislike for the new facebook layout.
October
-Baseball or debate??? Hmmmm.
-Stupid angry birds... time for bed.
- I think Tag may have broken a couple of my toes this morning.
November
-I just cut gum out of Ginny's hair. I love Halloween. Luckily she's due for a haircut, I didn't want to deal with PB, etc.
-Tag, armed with a 12 inch zucchini, surprise attacked Brian. I am so glad that he can open the fridge by himself (sarcasm intended). Luckily my toes and Brian's pride are the only casualties so far.
-Ginny does not understand the concept of death due to natural causes. She asked how Grandpa Naylor died and Brian said he just got old. She looked confused and asked, "He just got old and then someone shot him?" Where is this coming from? It's not like I let my 4 y/o watch violent T.V. Must be that all of the other sunbeams are boys.
December
-Abby: What was your password for typing pal?
Me: We didn't have computers when I was in first grade.
Abby: Oh yeah, and you didn't have electricity.
!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
-According to Ginny the girl's room is being haunted by Michael Jackson.
-Best Christmas vacation ever (sarcasm) 5 out of 7 kids have puked, some multiple times. Now Brian has it too. It can only go up from here, right? On the bright side our dryer was fixed just in time to deal with all of the extra laundry!
- We left gorgeous snow-covered Colorado for a relatively brown Salt Lake City. Still.... Being with family makes it a beautiful Christmas no matter what it looks like outside. Merry Christmas Everyone!

1 comment:

Font



I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com

background